Campus News 8-29-20
August 29, 2020
Good Afternoon CCS Families,
We are just a little over a week away from the first day of school. Below you will find a list of back to school tasks and events to help you prepare for the start of the school year.
*By now you should have:
- Received your child’s teacher letter, supply list, cohort info, schoology login, etc.
- Signed up for Remind AND an orientation time through Sign-up Genius. If you haven’t done this, do it ASAP!
*Prior to September 8, make sure you:
- Return all emergency and health forms to the office
- Help your child log in to his/her schoology account and complete the “getting to know you” activity. The schoology login can be accessed through our website or by going to ccs.schoology.com. See the attached login directions for assistance.
- Visit the school website to review all important documents such as the FAQ and master schedules per homeroom, and daily health screener
- Families doing parent pick-up…Create a sign for your car window/dash with your child(ren)’s last name. This will help with dismissal.
August 31 – September 2: Attend one of the virtual orientation sessions for each of your children enrolled at CCS.
September 3-4: Materials pick-up for Remote Only kids (If your child is doing Remote Only, stop by the school between 8 and 3 to pick up necessary learning materials that the teachers have prepared.) You will remain in your car for this. Make sure you know your child’s grade and homeroom teacher.
Medication drop-off for Hybrid students (If your child is Hybrid and has daily meds or emergency meds to keep at school, stop by between 11 and 1). You can park and meet Mr. Kimmel (our school nurse) in the outdoor classroom.
September 8 – A Day: 1st day of school for ALL k-2 students and 3rd-8th Cohort A students
September 9 – B Day: 1st day of school for 3rd-8th Cohort B students
September 10 – A Day
September 11 – B Day
September 14 – Our official A/B/Virtual/A/B schedule begins
A few other important notes…
*Our Chromebooks are due in at the end of October. Until then, we will lend out as many devices as we can. You will be contacted Tuesday if we have a device to lend you at this time.
*Bus routes should be finished this week. We will call all bussers with their bus number, pick up time, pick up location, and assigned seat by the end of the week at the latest.
*Parents will not be allowed to walk in to the school with their child(ren) like we normally allow for younger students during the first week. Additional staff will be outside to help students upon arrival.
*Campus Covid-19 Protocols and Guidelines.pdf Re-opening document with details about procedures and guidelines. Be sure to review the arrival and dismissal procedures.
*Remote Class Schedule 20-21.pdf Remote Class Schedule
*Virtual Wednesdays Class Schedule 20-21.pdf Virtual Wednesdays Schedule