Submitted by SiteAdmin on Mon, 12/15/2014 - 6:15am
Julie Frieswyk of the University of Delaware’s Horn Program in Entrepreneurship was invited by Campus Community business and technology teacher Donna Saunders to speak to Genius Hour students as well as 8th graders.
The University of Delaware’s Horn Program runs the Diamond Challenge, an innovative business concept competition that aims to teach participants how to build their businesses like scientists by gathering evidence to test the validity of business model assumptions.
Julie Frieswyk, coordinator of youth and external programs for the Horn Program, introduced Campus Community students to the world of entrepreneurship, discussing the concepts taught in the Diamond Challenge.
Submitted by SiteAdmin on Sat, 12/13/2014 - 11:41pm
Thank you for another wonderful week at Campus Community School.
- There will be no STEAM Afterschool program on Friday, December 19.
- Mid-terms were sent home on Wednesday. If your child did not bring one home, please contact his/her teacher.
- ATTENTION 8TH GRADE PARENTS: On Thursday, December 18th, from 8:00 - 8:30 A.M., representatives from First State Military Academy will be here to discuss their new charter school opening in the Fall of 2016. Parents are welcome to attend to receive information about this great opportunity.
- Parents we need your help. Our clothing closet is in need of dress-code appropriate sweaters. If you would like to donate any sweaters that your child has grown out of, please send them to the CCS office.
- You may notice our giving tree, sponsored by the Cougars Reaching Out Club, in the CCS office. We have now 9 families invited to our holiday party and 26 children scheduled to attend. We are trying to provide each child with an outfit and a toy. Parents may come in to the office to select a child to purchase an outfit or a toy for. We ask that individuals spend 15-20 dollars on a gift and they need to be brought to the office by December 15th.